International Social Business Summer Program
Following the success of previous years, Daffodil International University (DIU) is organizing the 4th Edition of ISBSP 2020. Considering the COVID-19 pandemic, this year the program will be hosted in the online platform. It doesn’t matter whether it is on campus or virtual program, where they take away is almost the same. Besides the vast learning experience, participants will have a chance to explore the friendship and networking opportunities among participants and resource persons. We believe that the virtual program will create a very new dimension to bring the young change-makers of the world into a platform. We are welcoming participants from all around the world to this auspicious program for a lifetime experience.
The entire world is passing through a very difficult time due to COVID-19’s pandemic. Let’s go back years and think how the world was? We had too much wealth concentration. As a result, the world is facing millions of problems such as poverty, unemployment, carbon emission etc. However, coronavirus has given us a great opportunity to reinvent. Besides fighting against the coronavirus, this is the time to rethink & redesign for no going back. Here, the International Social Business Summer Program (ISBSP) 2020 which will unleash the potential of young minds to make a better world.
- ISBSP 2020 is the world’s first virtual Summer Program on Social Business
- Participants will have a virtual meeting with Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus (Father of Social Business & Micro-credit)
- It’s an action learning program where participants will get the ideas to create solutions of post COVID Pandemic’s social problems with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Leading academicians and Managing Director of Social Business companies will conduct the Webinars
- After successful completion of the program, participants will receive certificate along with three (3) academic credits from DIU.
- Participants will have chance to explore local culture through virtual visits, cross-cultural program and buddy friendship.
Course Title: Social Business for Sustainable Development
Course Code: SB 103
Credit: 03 (Three)
|Virtual Group Works|
|Virtual Field Visits|
|e-Panel Discussion||Social Business for zeroing poverty, unemployment and net carbon emissions|
Post COVID 19: Fresh start for the sustainability by Nobel Laureate Professor Mohammad Yunus
|Social Business Design Lab|
Pitching the Social Business Plan & Review by the Experts
Participants will get mentoring support after the program for transforming the ideas into action
Participants will be evaluated through online quiz, group works, presentation & attendance.
- Create own social business and differentiate between Conventional Business and Social Business as well as NGOs.
- Gather support from stakeholders and turn their business idea into a real business.
- Enhance the leadership skills to solve a particular social problem of the world and acquire social entrepreneurship mindset
Awards & Certificates:
- Create your own social business and differentiate between Conventional Business and Social Business as well as NGOs.
- Gather support from stakeholders and turn idea into a real business
- Connecting business with SDG goals for a better community & world.
- Enhance the leadership skills to solve a particular social problem of the world and acquire social entrepreneurship mindset.
Date: July 20-25, 2020
NB: Please check-in 05 minutes before every session